Become a Confident, Knowledgeable Yoga Teacher
And do it in your own unique way in your own authentic voice
If you are looking to become the kind of teacher who makes sequencing and theme weaving in a yoga class look easy, look no further…
I know trying to find a teacher training that is the right fit can be a daunting task.
With all the choices we have now, how can we be sure we are making the right decision?
Many trainings have a laundry list of all the things they will teach you in their program. A 200- hour training is meant to be a foundational program teaching you the basics of what is needed to teach a well-rounded, amazing, safe class.
When you just scratch the surface of all the many facets of yoga all you are left with is confusion.
What is needed is to go deep into the areas that will make you a great teacher – One that knows how to connect with your students live and online.
This is what you will learn here!
What you get with me is a time-tested blueprint for all the important skills needed to really stand out from the crowd:
- Weaving in the theme
- Anticipating the misalignments in your students before they happen
The truth is 200 hours is not a lot of time to learn all the nuances of the practice. If you were to ask many graduates of teacher training programs how they feel about teaching after their training is complete, quite often you will hear them say they do not feel ready to teach, they lack confidence in their abilities.
Why is this?
The Vinyasa Flow style, while fluid and varied, does not offer new teachers a point of reference as to what works and what does not.
Without a format to follow to create your own anatomically & energetically balanced sequences, your only options are to either follow a sequence someone else created or just figure it out as you go. This leads to sequences that are not unique to your vision and style, choppy, lack rhythm and are just overall unsafe for students to follow.
What Makes the Long Island Yoga School Teacher Training the Right Choice?
- A Sequencing Format that can be used for whatever style of yoga you want to teach taking the guesswork out of creating an anatomically and energetically balanced class while leaving plenty of room for creative sequences that are unique to you and allow your authentic voice to shine.
- A cuing format that makes it easy for you to remember them and for your students to hear them. They will understand exactly how to move into properly aligned poses because of your clarity delivering the cues.
- A blueprint for effortlessly weaving philosophical themes and your life wisdoms throughout a class while maintaining the flow and rhythm of the class.
- Be able to anticipate the misalignments of your students not only when they are in front of you in a live class but also on screen in an online live-stream class (even if all you are seeing are a bunch of black boxes – Yes! There is a way to align your students perfectly without even seeing them. Just one of the many awesome things you will learn in this training.)
Highlights of the Long Island Yoga School Certification Online Program:
- Easy To Follow Formats forSequencing, Cueing, Theme Weaving, Teaching Beginners, All Levels and Meditation Classes – You will be teaching like a rock star in no time!
- Trauma Informed Teaching Techniques & Language: With these techniques your classes, whether online or live, will be a safe environment for ALL students.
- Principles Of 6: The 6 universal principles of All poses are all you need for optimal alignment when teaching your students and in your own practice
- Injury Management & Prevention: The 6 weakest links – most common places injuries occur in yoga class and life plus how to manage and avoid them.
- Wired For Success: Throughout the program we will discuss techniques based in the study of neuro-plasticity and rewire the negative beliefs and unconscious patterns to set you up for success!
In addition, we cover Anatomy in relationship with poses, Anatomical & Energetic Sequencing, Pranayama, Business of Yoga, Yoga Philosophy as it applies to life covering two of the classical yoga texts – The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and The Bhagavad Gita.
The focus will be on The Eight Limbs of Yoga, The Four Paths of Yoga as taught in the Gita, Gunas, Chakras and Nadis. In addition, we cover the concept of the Yin/Yang philosophy and the Koshas (subtle bodies) which is the heart of my teaching philosophy.
This program is a 1-1 online mentorship that is completely customized to your availability, goals and learning style. We offer one on one lectures that are live-streamed – not pre-recorded – for deeper personal exploration of your teaching and learning goals while also incorporating group lectures to build a like-minded community and new friendships.
It is much easier to allow yourself to shine when not bombarded with having to figure it all out yourself. We offer you time-tested formats of over 10 years that will take all the guesswork out of creating and teaching a class but leave plenty of room for your own teaching voice and style to shine. You will graduate as the teacher YOU are meant to be – Unlike any other teacher out there and ready to create your very own tribe of students who will be ready to hear your message and follow your lead toward health and well-being. What are you waiting for?!?!
Excellent training! Laurie Ahlemann is a fantastic teacher! She naturally connects with her students, and shares her vast, extensive knowledge of yoga in a relaxed and fun setting. Also, her programs are structured in a way that makes it very manageable for all, no matter how busy you are. I highly recommend this training!”– Maria V
The 200-hour teacher training course was life changing. Not only did it help me deepen my own practice, but it also gave me the confidence, knowledge and support that I needed to be a yoga instructor. The program that Laurie has put together is comprehensive, organized and applicable for anyone who wants to be a well-rounded instructor. Take one of her classes and you’ll know exactly what I mean.”– Olivia C
This is a 1-1 customized mentorship/training that is priced the same as many group trainings.
Get Started Now with only a $500 Down Payment
Schedule a call with me to discuss your specific goals and let’s get you started on the most transformative journey of your life!
Who is This Program For?
- Someone who prefers a one on one customize learning environment
- A mental health facilitator/therapist, teacher, massage therapist or someone who already has a business that you want to incorporate yoga into as an added service
- Someone who wants to be an expert in their field and help many people on their journey toward health and wellness
- Someone who has experienced the transformative magic of this practice and wants to share it with the world!
What else is included in this training?
- Live-Stream Yoga Classes for the duration of your training
- Free Access to the Members Only Page that includes:
- One Hour Themed Yoga Classes
- Mini Yoga Classes
- Pose Tutorials
- Guided Meditations
- Philosophy Snippets
- Info on Superfoods for Optimal Health and All Natural, Chemical-Free products
- Private Facebook Group for additional support
Feel Free To Contact Me
LONG ISLAND YOGA SCHOOL ©2007 – 2020 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED