Long Island Yoga School 300-Hour Two Part Mentorship/Certification Program
These modules are a mandatory part of the second part of the 300-hour program.
Contact Us to sign up or for more information.
The True Open Level Flow Mentorship
One of the biggest challenges yoga teachers face is how to teach a true open level class – one that keeps the more advanced students challenged while creating an injury-free, safe environment for newer practitioners…. The perfect combination to keep classes full of very happy students!
This 30-hour mentorship will focus on how to sequence, cue, theme and assist specifically for an all-levels class. This workshop/module will offer an easy to follow sequencing/cueing format that new and experienced teachers alike, will be able to follow and teach to students of all levels in the same class, without losing momentum, while giving each student an opportunity for their practices to evolve at a pace suitable for them.
Highlights of this program:
- Sequencing – Easy to follow format that can be used no matter what level or style of class you teach.
- Cueing – With proper phrasing of cues your students will have an easier time following AND hearing them.
- Theming – Physical & Philosophical theming: create themes that are memorable and easy to apply to every-day life.
- Teaching from the heart – What is it you hope to achieve with every class you teach? What would you like for your students to take with them when they leave your class? When we know our specific goals for each class and are willing to allow our own uniqueness, our own authenticity to shine, we are offering our students something that no one else can – a glimpse of what lives in our heart – and this is what will bring them back to your class time and time again.
Journey to Love Meditation Module 1
As you awaken, you will come to understand that the journey to love isn’t about finding “the one”, the journey is about Becoming “the one”. – Creig Crippen
By healing the heart center, we can uncover the pathway that exists right within us, the place where all the answers are hiding, just waiting to be revealed. Understanding the depth of what meditation is and what can be achieved, we can overcome the many obstacles that prevent us from truly embracing and loving our authentic self and help us become more compassionate with ourselves and others in our lives and in our teaching.
Outline of Module 1:
- Physiological effects of meditation
- Buddhist & Hindi philosophy that relate to understanding the obstacles and challenges that come up for us as teachers and our students
- Experience various relaxation techniques & meditation techniques (yes there is a difference)
- Practice pranayama techniques that enhance the meditation practice.
Everything that you seek is already inside you – this module/workshop will just help you bring it to the surface and perhaps find the greatest love of all – the love of self.
Journey to Love Meditation Module 2
As life brings our attention more toward the physical, we can sometimes begin to lose the experience of oneness without even realizing it is happening. It is important to remember that the universal elements of nature also exist in us so how can we be separate?
The focus in Module 2 will be on the following topics:
- Body/Spirit connection (koshas & 5 pranas)
- Mind vs Brain
- Hindi philosophy as it applies to finding liberation (moksha)
- Mala beads – usage and meaning
An easy to follow format for leading an All-Level Meditation will be given as well as time to practice leading the group in meditation with various techniques learned in module 1.
Find the Ebb in the Flow
How energy affects each asana and your relationship to it.
Have you ever wondered why some classes leave you feeling invigorated and some drained? It is all about the energy. When we understand the energetic components of each asana, we can then begin to understand the importance of sequencing to this energy as well as practicing in a way that brings you back to balance. We will go over in detail the components of energetic sequencing. A one-hour yoga class will be included to experience it.
Yin & Yang in Practice
The symbol of Yin and Yang indicates that everything is a manifestation of a combination of these energies in varying degrees. Understanding the nuances of this philosophy can offer us a deeper understanding of the subtle aspects of the energy that exists within the physical body and allow us to bring a physical practice to a place that is energetically balanced. In addition, we are then even more aware of how both passive and active energies affect our emotions, thoughts and actions.
This workshop will include:
- Concept of Yin & Yang – understanding the symbol and the deeper meaning it holds
- What Yin & Yang imbalances look like in the physical body
- A physical practice that includes both Yin/Passive (Yin Yoga) and Yang/Active (Vinyasa flow) poses.
Yin Yoga & the Koshas
The practice of Yin Yoga is one of deep surrender and contemplation, lending itself well to the inner journey through the five layers of consciousness – the Koshas. Understanding ourselves from this perspective gives us many tools for growth, self-acceptance and a deeper understanding of what we need on a personal level to reach our highest potential on both the physical and spiritual level.
We will cover each of the five koshas as we move through a series of Yin Poses, to allow for an intellectual experience in addition to a personal one.
Long Island Yoga School ©2007 All Rights Reserved