Long Island Yoga School 300-Hour One on One Private Mentorship/Certification Program
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SIGNING ON FOR THIS TRAINING AND ARE CERTIFIED FROM ANOTHER TRADITION, PLEASE CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE A PHONE CONSULTATION TO DISCUSS OPTIONS.
For thousands of years the ancient teachings of yoga were passed down from teacher to individual student forming a relationship between the two that offered support for the students’ inner reflection.
This form of teaching offers an opportunity for the student to explore their own personal spiritual evolution.
When embarking upon any spiritual journey, including Yoga Teacher Training, it is important to remember that we as student are teacher as well and we are in co-inquiry together learning from each other in the exchange of information as we seek transformation.
This is the model that the One on One 300-hour Mentorship/Training is based upon. We offer you a completely customized program with the pace set by you – One on One and small group lecture meetings are scheduled around your availability and lecture topics are geared toward the areas of your interest. You can start anytime!!!
CONTACT US for more information
Long Island Yoga School ©2007 All Rights Reserved
300-hour 1-1 Training Program
The Prana Shakti Flow 300 Hour Teacher Training Certification Program is for teachers already certified at the 200 hour level through Long Island Yoga School. When completed you will be eligible to register as a RYT500 with the Yoga Alliance.
While there are some subjects that are mandatory lectures in the curriculum (listed below), this program, being a mentorship, will focus on your personal and teaching goals so lectures and homework assignments will be specific to you. We will begin our time together with a detailed ‘interview’ to fully understand what it is you are looking to accomplish with this mentorship and create a plan of action to accomplish it.
Program Subjects Covered:
Advanced Sequencing Techniques in the Prana Shakti Flow Sequencing Method™
- Sequencing Principles & Format
- Peak Pose Sequencing
- Anatomical & Energetic Properties of a Sequence
- Sequencing for the True Open Level Flow
- Prana Shakti Flow Teaching Philosophy & Methodology
Advanced Theme Building
- Easy to follow format for creating themes that are creative, fun and informative.
- Weaving in Yogic Philosophy seamlessly and easily
Meditation Theory, Philosophy & Format
- Physiological Aspects of Meditation & the Techniques to help bring the brain, body and energy system to a balanced state
- Philosophy based on the Bhagavad Gita & Yoga Sutras of Patanjali that will create a deeper understanding of the goal of meditation, removing of obstacles while seeking liberation and how to accomplish this for yourself and those you teach
- Pranayama – Components and Techniques
- Easy to follow format to teach classes seamlessly to all levels of practitioners in group and private settings
The True Open Level Flow
- Sequencing Format designed specifically for teaching to all levels in the same class without losing momentum and giving each student an opportunity for their practice to evolve at a pace suitable for them
- Cueing Format that focuses on proper phrasing of cues so you have an easier time remembering them and your students have an easier time hearing them
- Theme Format that enables you to create memorable themes and easy lessons that your students can apply to everyday life
- Teaching From The Heart – We will work together to allow your authentic self to shine!
Wired for Success II
- Change the inner programming to achieve success you never thought possible. All you need to do is change your mind!
- Create new programming specifically to accomplish your goals
- How to become your own motivator
Other subjects covered:
Deeper Understanding of Chakras & Nadis, Study of Classical Yogic Texts, Hands on Assisting, Advanced Yoga Anatomy and Injury Prevention.
Cost of Program:
Initial Investment: $2500
This will get you started on the requirements of the training. We offer a discounted option if you pay in full as well as an affordable payment plan option. This is a way to divide the cost of the training over an extended period of time as well as take the training at your own pace. There is no time limit to finishing this program however we recommend the longest time should be 2-3 years. (It can be completed much sooner than that. This is just a suggestion if more time was needed or desired.)
For more information, please contact us at 917-757-0922 or Contact Us.
Long Island Yoga School ©2007 – 2020 All Rights Reserved
My experience at the Long Island Yoga School was a very positive one. I have successfully completed the 300-hour program given by Laurie Ahlemann. Her presentation was excellent and the course was well structured. Thank you Laurie for helping me to improve my personal practice and teaching skills through ‘Prana Shakti Flow’. I would recommend your program to anyone who would like to get a higher education in the Ancient Science of Yoga. – Theresa Rossini, RYT 500
I am so grateful for the amazing 300 Hour Teacher Training program with Laurie Ahlemann at Long Island Yoga School. I have come away with more knowledge, skill and confidence. It seemed like the program was customized to give me exactly what I was hoping for. I have a greater knowledge of the effects of proper sequencing and have the guidelines to create my classes much more efficiently and quickly. Through the guided hands on experience with assisting and adjusting, I feel confident to help my students deepen their practices. I have also deepened my knowledge of yoga philosophy and meditation which benefits my own practice as well as my teaching. I tried to spend as much time as possible taking, observing and assisting Laurie’s classes since she has an abundance of knowledge that she shares so generously. I still take her classes every week even though I have graduated. The other teachers that Laurie brought to the program were experts in their fields and brought a high level of excellence to their workshops. I highly recommend this well organized, thorough and exceptional program. – Lauren Petricca RYT 500
It is with heartfelt thanks and gratitude that I express what a great and wonderful experience it was to participate in the 300/500 hour program. The asana labs and sequence lectures were very informative, easy to comprehend, and will continue to be a factor towards my teaching in years to come. – Garcia Simon-Clarke RYT 500